Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Monday, June 30th

First day in Istanbul. New York is known as a city that never sleeps, but if that's so, what can you say about Istanbul? 17 Mio people, crazy traffic, if you want to learn how to drive a car, you should spend some time in Istanbul.


Last night a couple of girls and me went out to see the finale. And it seems that you need to have one guy with you as an accessoire to avoid strange looks. We had beer, something to eat, but i just couldn't comment the game in a way i would back home. Back home i would be really loud and extroverted, jeering, applauding,... just being myself. But this night i had the feeling of being confronted with a number of different invisible rules, how to behave and present yourself correctly as a woman. Back home, i don't give a shit, but here...i should stick with it but take a guy with me.

Today was our first day at university. I know, where the toilettes are, so i'm on the save side now. I am also glad, i can follow my coffee addiction here. The floors are so clean, i might even find new ways of experiencing coffee: licking it off the ground.